Monday, June 19, 2006

There aren't enough goals in this World Cup

I'm bored with defensive play and 0-0 draws. There's been France vs Switzerland, Mexico vs Angola and on Sunday Japan vs Croatia. I fell asleep during this game, the biggest excitement had been looking for two friends who were in the crowd.

OK - so I may not be the biggest football supporter and so you can tell me it's not all about scoring goals - but attacking play is far more exciting to watch. And I believe this world cup has seen the least goals scored so far..

So how about spicing the world cup up a bit - no entry into the second round unless you'd scored 5 goals or something like that?

Mr L said this was a pretty silly idea and would be far to hard to control. His idea though is a cracker. No points for a nil nil draw. This would at least force some attacking play. So what do you reckon?

I think it's great - let's hope FIFA are reading.....

No comments: