Friday, July 07, 2006

I've had some lovely flowers delivered

and I can't stop grinning.

I stood outside at 12 today and thought about all the people who had lost their lives and all those who had been injured. Not just on 7/7 last year but in all the conflicts round the world.

My office is across from New Scotland Yard. There were many policemen standing outside for the 2 minute silence as well. It made me think about how the view of the emergency services was congratulated last year. I saw Billy Elliot last night (which was fab - I'll come to that another time) and that portrays the police at the time of the minors strike in a very different light. I know many of the survivors of 7/7 along with other people are calling for an enquiry. What is important to me is to live in a community where there is openness and people trust and respect each other.

I am so lucky to be alive, have the life I do, and the people round me who love me back.

I'm welling up again.

1 comment:

Ashley said...
This comment has been removed by the author.