Friday, May 11, 2007

DIY



I'm getting back into trying to finish off those last few jobs that i want doing round the house. I really want new windows as we have horrible aliminum ones. Trying to get a quote without a sales agent coming round has proved too difficult though. Someone came from Anglian last night. i didn't think he was too pushy but Mr L is not so keen on the idea of having anyone else round now or having the windows done. It was a bit more expensive than we'd thought it was going to be. the next step is to get a quote from a local firm but i don't know anyone who lives near us who has had their windows done so i don't know how to get a recommendation.

The next job will be painting the front door. It's currently red but I'd like a nice duck egg blue. I think I'm going to be able to paint this myself. I think i would like a nice shiny door knocker on it as well.


But enough of that - today i must finish writing a report. Tonight we are going out to dinner at the lovely Pumphouse. Yum.

1 comment:

Tamsin said...

My pal up in Turnpike Lane got all his windows done for a real bargain last summer. All wooden sashes, really nicely finished. It was this carpenter guy that he knows that did them for him. Give us a shout if you want his number.
Tx